Saturday, September 09, 2006

QUICK COOK RECIPE: Fig Tapenade and Chicken

Even though I love food and love preparing it and love serving, I don't actually always have time to cook. And if I have the time, I don't always have the energy. I think too many people automatically reach for food that is not so tasty and not so healthy in times like these. So, I am going to start posting some "QUICK COOKS". Mind you, many of them involved is not cooked by me but that does not mean they are not healthy or delicious.

fig olive tapenade quick dinner

I had made a large roasted chicken for supper the night before and obviously we had left overs. So for this night, I just cut the pieces we would eat and brought them up to room temperature. Sliced up tomatoes and drizzeled them with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled a little fleur de sel. then I cut everyone a few slices of a good baguette and spooned out this delicious fig tapenade. This stuff is heaven on earth - figs and black olives sounds odd at first but it is a perfect combination. Then I cut off a small chunk of a good sharp English Farmhouse Cheddar. I never turned the oven on for this meal and it took about 15 minutes to pull togethere, including setting the table and getting the boys in their high chairs.

No comments: