Friday, July 07, 2006

EVENT: Summer Salad Recipes at Reluctant Housewife

Mixed Greens

Oh Baby It's Hot Out There. Crisp and cool salads are in order. In short Salad Days are here.



In this new food blog event Summer Salad Recipes, please share one of your favorite salads or a new salad you just started making. Be creative! Be Complicated or Be Simple. Just have fun and make something yummy.

If you would like to participate in this event please email me at: msgabriellatrue @ aol dot com by Monday, August 21 with the following information and I will post a round-up a few days later.

Please be sure to include a link to My Life As A Reluctant Housewife and this Summer Salads Event within your entry. Thanks!

- The name of your recipe
- The permalink URL of your ice cream entry
- Your name
- Your blog’s name
- Your blog’s front page URL

Some of my Salad Recipes:
Roast Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
French Feta Cheese Salad with Pear
Orzo Pasta Salad with Mint
Egg Salad
Chef's Special Salad with Pecans and Cranberries
Mango, Jicama, Corn Salad
Chickpea Salad

Tuna Salad with Avocado
Lentil Salad
White Bean Cannellini Salad
Antipasti Pasta Salad
Arugula Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette


And the three large Round Ups can be found here: Round Up1 Round Up 2 Round Up 3

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gabriella, I will certainly try to do this!

We just never think of salads when planning our menus; this is a good excuse to squeeze a few in.

MizD said...

Hah. I am so going to force Chopper to make salads.

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I'm making a lot of salads--so I'll take part.

G said...

Stephanie, I know what you mean about fitting them into the menu which is why I tend to make them the whole meal.

Mrs D - At a girl. You tell that Chopper to get chopping some veggies.

Dragonet - Well that is great that you have a place to get such a yummy salad. I am totally with you on not getting the dressing from those big vats of dressing they have at those salad bars.

Sher- Great! I look forward to your salad.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I was thinking about doing a theme on "hot weather food" but as usual I am a few steps behind the blogosphere. I will enjoy your roundup and maybe even participate if I can get my act together.
Thanks for dropping by my blog--sorry it took me so long to return the favor. There is a lot of good stuff here! I'll be back!
Cheerio
Andrea

G said...

Andrea - That is why I am making it such a long lead time on the event so people can have some wiggle room. I would love it you joined in.

Lisa said...

Salads, you say? Why yes, I've been making salads! I'd like to join in and get ideas. I will e-mail you my URL. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I just discover the game today! What a shame, I made a delicious salad last week... Next time!

Anne said...

Hi! Totally very late, so I understand if I missed the boat :) Still, posted about a great salad, and here's the link if you want it:

http://annesfood.blogspot.com/2006/08/quinoa-salad-with-two-cheeses.html

Looking forward to reading the round-up! Great idea!

//Anne in Sweden